The best way to become a better writer is to write consistently. But another effective way is to read.
Below are 10 recommended books you can read if you want to become a better writer.
- Steering the Craft by Ursula K. LeGuin
- The Writer’s Journey by Christopher Vogler
- The Creative Tarot by Jessica Crispin
- Write. Publish. Repeat. by Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant
- On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William Zinsser
- Zen in the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury
- Several Short Sentences about Writing by Verlyn Klinkenborg
- About Writing: Seven Essays, Four Letters, & Five Interviews by Samuel R. Delany
- The Art of Fiction: Notes on Craft for Young Writers by John Gardner
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
After reading all of these books, you can always visit a public library or do a web search to get more similar books to read.